Monday, August 17, 2015

Oh the humidity...

Human Barbie, human Ken, meh not impressed, how about a weather person who can accurately tell the weather. The Human Weather Station coming to you live from _______(insert your city here).

It's the hot time of year (hot August nights...Neil Diamond song starting now-FYI he puts on an awesome show- the best I've seen, no joke) and with the weather changes comes fun times with the body of a Behcetie. That's my new word for us in case you are wondering. Similar to a machete because Behcet's slices our bodies into something it shouldn't. Or if you prefer a less gruesome analogy, think of Behcet's like your new best friend, your bestie. The humidity has made my body feel swollen and painful. Hurts to walk because my ankles feel like they've been broken and put back together. Finger swelling, check mate. Which, by the way, is making this fun to type up (thankful for the finger swipe on kindle).

Some days, who am I kidding, most days I feel like I should be in the circus for the shit my body does. I'm guessing most of you feel the same  way. How many of you can make your eyes  see pretty little black dots that look like birds? Or make your tongue look like a map? Or get the lovely occipital pain where you can't turn your neck because it feels like you have a piece of metal stuck in your neck making it unable to move? Bruising like I've used myself as a bowling ball is always a fun parlor trick. Let's not forget the purdy skin rashes and other oddities that could easily be a page long if I was to yap about it all. If only we weren't so special...

Here's something that will hopefully give you all a laugh. Our chocolate lab has a flatulence issue at times. As I'm writing this he plops down beside me and let's one rip. Now this is better than the usual following him up the stairs while he farts with every step. The joys of dog ownership.

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." ~unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment